Leveraging the collective outrage against the San Francisco Board of Supervisors’ recent votes to block 800+ new homes, HAC waged advocacy campaigns on numerous fronts throughout November. We were proud to…
Make news in…
- KCBS by discussing what was behind the SF Board of Supervisors’ vote to derail a project that would add 495 new homes on a site that’s currently Nordstrom’s valet parking lot.
- The San Francisco Chronicle by blasting the SF Board of Supervisors’ abject failure to address the city’s housing crisis, asserting why it’s time for SF voters to take the lead on solving our housing shortage, displacement, and affordability crisis, opining on Supervisor Gordon Mar’s proposed fourplex legislation ordinance, and weighing in on TODCO’s John Elberling; and voicing our support for HCD’s investigation into the Oakland City Council’s decision to delay approval of a 222-unit housing project.
- The Mountain View Voice by providing input on steps the city of Mountain View can take to build more housing.
- Mission Local by discussing 100 percent affordable housing developments.
- The Real Deal by explaining the importance of legalizing fourplexes throughout San Francisco.
Lead housing advocacy efforts by…
- Amplifying Grow SF’s efforts to hold SF Supervisors accountable for blocking 495 homes from being built at 469 Stevenson Street.
- Campaigning for bringing new homes to 425 Broadway and 1458 San Bruno, as well as permanent supportive housing to 711 Post and 505 O’Farrell.
- Hosting our AD-17 Candidate Conversation Series.
- Endorsing projects representing more than 200 new homes.
- Advocating for San Francisco to legalize apartments everywhere.
- Working with the Oakland City Council to support their Construction and Innovation Ordinance.
- Collaborating with the Berkeley City Council to bring much-needed new housing to North Berkeley BART.
- Celebrating the Berkeley City Council’s unanimous approval of Councilmember Terry Taplin’s affordable housing overlay and social housing proposals!