HAC’s 501(c)(3) educational arm produces programs and resources to educate members, decision makers, the media, and the general public about how our housing crisis came to be and what it will take to solve it.
Contributions to this nonprofit entity may be tax-deductible as charitable contributions to the extent permitted by law. Please consult with your tax advisor regarding your specific legal or tax situation.
Through HAC’s 501(c)(4) advocacy arm, we engage and activate our members, partners, and legislative allies to make their voices heard in support of building new homes and enacting pro-housing policies to make it faster, easier, and more affordable to build enough housing for all who need it.
Contributions to HAC’s 501(c)(4) entity are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. Please consult with your tax advisor regarding your specific legal or tax situation.
Our vast and diverse members include a wide range of organizations that share our commitment to alleviating California’s housing crisis:
- Home builders (market rate + affordable)
- Architects, designers, engineers & urban planners
- General contractors
- Land use and real estate attorneys
- Labor unions
- Real estate service providers
- Community & neighborhood associations
- Large, midsize & small employers
- Financial institutions and lenders
- Public education institutions
- Nonprofits and urban livability groups
See our current membership list or contact us to learn more.
- Connect directly with state and local decision makers.
- Network with housing development industry leaders at our 50+ annual events.
- Sneak previews and tours of new residential and mixed-use development projects.
- Advocate for pro-housing policies with respected housing experts.
- Learn about timely state and local housing topics.
- Showcase your organization’s work through guest blog posts, member spotlights, and our weekly newsletter.
- Access to HAC events and activities extended to your entire organization.
Please note that membership pricing is automatically split evenly between our 501(c)(3) education and member programming and 501(c)(4) advocacy arms unless you state otherwise stated on our form.
Reach out to Jake Price with any questions relating to membership benefits or pricing.
Business members are also encouraged to sponsor HAC’s bi-annual fundraising events, Spring Symposium and Housing Heroes.
“Housing comes with a lot of complexities and nuances, especially in the Bay Area, which is why HAC’s work is so valuable. What stands out to me is their diverse, sophisticated, and knowledgeable team and members, and their unparalleled advocacy in support of the housing development projects they endorse.”
Greystar Development Services
Become a Friend of HAC
Friends of HAC are individual members who share our commitment to finding solutions to our region and state’s housing challenges.
For $50 a year, or $5 a month, Friends of HAC benefits include:
- Year-round learning about timely state and local housing topics through our bi-weekly member events.
- Advocacy opportunities to make your voices heard in support of new housing projects and pro-housing policies at the local and state level.
- Connections to your pro-housing neighbors, elected officials, and housing experts.
- Access to members-only programs, neighborhood tours, and social activities.