The Housing Action Coalition (HAC) is a nonprofit that advocates for building more housing at all levels of affordability to help alleviate the Bay Area’s and California’s housing shortage, displacement, and affordability crisis. Now we’re looking for an inspired, creative, strategic, detail-oriented, project management pro to serve as our first-ever Communications Associate!
In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with our Communications Director and the entire HAC team to support all aspects of internal and external communications for a fast-growing, fast-paced, and highly ambitious nonprofit working to solve one of California’s most pressing problems.
Please send CV/Resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications must be received by Friday, August 13 and will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Collaborating with HAC’s Communications Director on creating and executing a comprehensive communications strategy, and measuring the success of our efforts.
- Drafting HAC’s daily social media posts, weekly newsletter and blog posts, monthly member updates, and annual Year in Review, as well as creating ongoing content for HAC’s website, advocacy communications, event promotions, paid media, and more!
- Managing Communications Intern(s).
- Minimum one year of communications, marketing, public relations, and/or journalism experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Super strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- A deep and abiding passion for social media.
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for public speaking.
- Proficiency with G-suite, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and the like.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Canva, WordPress, and/or Salesforce.
- Media relations experience.
- Political campaign experience.
Some of the benefits of working for HAC
- Mission-driven organization working to alleviate the Bay Area and CA’s housing shortage, affordability, and displacement crisis.
- Energetic team of high-impact, low-ego people who are deeply committed to advancing pro-housing solutions while having fun.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Strong organizational history of internal promotion and advancement.
- Ample professional development opportunities.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Salary and Title
Our Communications Associate is a full-time position reporting to HAC’s Communications Director. Salary based on experience, plus opportunity for bonuses, and generous benefits.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
HAC is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
HAC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.