Even as 2021 was winding down, our team was busy gearing up for an eventful 2022 by announcing the launch of our new political action committee (HAC PAC) and our expansion to Los Angeles County! We also spent December…
Made news in…
- The San Francisco Chronicle: S.F. isn’t the only Bay Area city the state is investigating over housing delays. Oakland is under review, too
- The San Francisco Standard: Fight for the Fourplex: Supes Weigh Building on Single-Family Lots, But Voters May Decide
- KRON 4: San Francisco leaders introduce legislation to streamline affordable housing production
- The Real Deal: Supervisors offer competing visions of upzoning in San Francisco
- San Jose Spotlight: San Jose officials suggest dropping Opportunity Housing
Led housing advocacy efforts by…
- Endorsing projects representing 765 new homes.
- Waging campaigns for bringing new homes to San Francisco at 425 Broadway Street (approved!), 850 Bush Street (approved!), 505 O’Farrell Street, 711 Post Street, and 835 Turk Street.
- Helping to win approval for the Golden Bear Homekey Project in Berkeley that will add more permanent supportive housing for our unhoused neighbors.
- Advocating for new housing in Mountain View at 555 W. Middlefield and North Bayshore, and in Daly City at Serramonte Del Rey.
- Organizing neighbors’ support for building BART-adjacent homes in Berkeley.
- Partnering with SF Mayor London Breed on her new “Cars to Casas” legislation.
- Mobilizing neighbors to engage in their local Housing Element efforts in Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, and San Leandro, as well as SB 9 implementation in San Jose, and ADU streamlining in Berkeley.