In addition to taking some much-needed vacation time, our team still accomplished a great deal in August, most notably:
- Hiring our first-ever Communications Associate Miles Johnson, who begins next week!
- Endorsing new projects at 300 De Haro Street (SF) and The Mark (San Jose).
- Advocating for local housing reforms involving ADUs, zoning reform, and Housing Elements.
- Campaigning for much-needed new homes at 450 O’Farrell (SF), 730 Stanyan (SF), 425 Broadway (SF), 1324 Powell Street (SF), 1900 Diamond Street (SF), 4512 23rd Street (SF), and 25501 Mission Street (Hayward), and advocating for a 100% affordable development at VTA’s Gilroy Transit Center.
- Pressing for maximizing housing in Albany’s San Pablo Specific Plan and at Berkeley and El Cerrito BART stations.
- Hosting our monthly Bay Area Housing 101 program for members and other concerned citizens!
- Lobbying Sacramento lawmakers both in-person and virtually for the passage of more than two dozen pro-housing bills and celebrating (!) the passage of the following legislation that’s now on Governor Newsom’s desk: AB 215 (Chiu / Housing element: violations); AB 602 (Grayson / Development fees: impact fee nexus study); AB 1174 (Grayson / Development application modifications, approvals, and subsequent permits); SB 8 (Skinner / Housing Crisis Act of 2019); SB 9 (Atkins / Housing development: approvals); SB 10 (Wiener / Planning and zoning: Housing development: density); SB 290 (Skinner / Density Bonus Law); SB 477 (Wiener / General plan: annual report); and SB 478 (Wiener / Planning and zoning law: housing).