The Housing Action Coalition (HAC) is a member-supported nonprofit that advocates for building more housing for residents of all income levels to alleviate the Bay Area’s housing shortage, displacement, and affordability crisis.
HAC is excited to bring on a Communications Intern to join our small but mighty team! The ideal candidate will be passionate about using their creative and analytical skills to produce engaging, effective, and unique content across digital platforms and have an interest in housing policy, social advocacy, and/or local politics.
This is a three-month unpaid internship starting in late January or early February 2022. We ask for a commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible and most (if not all) work can be accomplished remotely.
- Creating graphics using Canva
- Assembling the weekly newsletter
- Assisting in the brainstorming, producing, and editing of YouTube videos
- Drafting blog posts for HAC’s soon-to-be-launched new website
- Researching and curating housing resources and other content for HAC’s website
- Producing digital content for HAC’s social channels and spearheading content creation for Instagram
- Compiling engagement metrics to track the effectiveness of HAC’s communications
- Strong writing skills
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills
- Comfort working with small teams
- Sense of humor
- Google Analytics & SEO
- Video editing
Why Intern at HAC?
- Super substantive, resume-building experience
- Opportunity to build a network within the Bay Area housing community
- Enjoyable work environment and supportive, collegial, funny team!
- Ongoing support and coaching with your future job search(es)
- Resume outlining past experience and skills.
- Short cover letter explaining your career goals and how you connect with HAC’s mission.
- Estimated availability during the internship period (hours/days of week).
- Email to abbie (at) sfhac.org.