- This event has passed.
Housing Density on the West Side with Katy Tang
October 29, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm PDT
Join Progress Democratic Club, the Outer Sunset Parkside Residents Association, and Supervisor Katy Tang for a panel discussion on legislation sponsored by Mayor Ed Lee and Supervisor Tang about a newly proposed housing density bonus.
“Neighborhoods across the west side of San Francisco could see thousands of new housing units under a measure Mayor Ed Lee is proposing that would allow builders to exceed current height restrictions in exchange for including more affordable units. The affordable housing bonus program, which will be introduced at the Board of Supervisors Tuesday, would allow an extra two stories of height on projects that include 30 percent affordable units and an extra three stories on 100 percent affordable developments.”
– Peter Cohen: Co-Director of the Council of Community Housing Organizations
– Sophie Hayward: Mayor’s Office of Housing
– Kearstin Dischinger: SF Planning Dept.
– Katy Tang: District 4 Supervisor
– Tim Colen: Executive Director of the SF Housing Action Coalition
Image credit: Daniel Hoherd