I hope that you and your team are safe and well.
Your San Francisco Housing Action Coalition (SFHAC) and Bay Area Housing Advocacy Coalition (BayHAC) team is working hard to advocate for our members during this unpredictable time.
We first and foremost want to be helpful. Please let us know the best way to make that happen. If you ever need anything, feel free to call me directly (my cell is 415-373-8879) or our Deputy Director Corey Smith (his cell is 925-360-5290).
What We Are Already Doing
- Engaging with our federal, state and local elected officials and their teams, to ensure housing is a priority.
- Working with regional partners to identify issues facing the housing construction industry around the Bay Area and the state. We are working to address those issues as quickly as possible.
- Advocating with our regional partners for increased funding for homeless and low-income housing. COVID-19 will impact our most vulnerable neighbors, and we need to have their backs.
- Supporting all efforts to keep people in their homes amidst this COVID-19 crisis. We support local, state, and federal efforts to temporarily halt evictions and foreclosures.
- Ensuring that the construction of new housing is classified as an “essential service”, especially for our homeless neighbors. You can read San Francisco’s FAQs regarding COVID19 and housing construction here. If you have similar FAQs for other cities/jurisdictions, please share them with staff and we’ll distribute.
- Meeting via digital formats to prevent lapses in member services and be able to respond effectively to your needs. The Project Review Committee and Regulatory Committee will continue to meet on a regular basis. Sign up here to join our committees.
- Listening. We are very aware this is a dynamic environment. We will continue to learn, adapt, and implement important pro-housing policies across the region and state.
The whole HAC team continues to be ready to work for and with you. These unprecedented times are difficult, but we will get through this. . .together.
All the best and stay safe,