Despite the SF Board of Supervisors’ abysmal housing votes, we at HAC had a productive and successful October! A sampling of our accomplishments include…
- Hosting our 19th Annual Housing Heroes Awards.
- Launching our member-only AD-17 Candidate Conversations series.
- Joining Mayor Breed to launch her “Cars to Casas” initiative.
- Informing the City of Oakland that we expect them to follow state housing laws.
- Winning approval for bringing new homes to 4512 23rd Street (SF), The Mark (San Jose), and 2880 Alum Rock (San Jose).
- Campaigning for new homes at 425 Broadway (SF), 1324 Powell (SF), and Serramonte Del Rey (Daly City).
- Advocating for a Car-Free JFK.
- Collaborating with Berkeley City Councilmembers to win approval of new and improved ADU regulations.
- Working on 415 legislation to make changes to SF’s inclusionary rules and developing new state-wide housing legislation for 2022.
- Educating Potrero Hill neighbors about DM Development’s 300 De Haro Street project (SF).
Pressing for maximizing housing elements in Berkeley, San Leandro and San Francisco, as well as working with Santa Clara to reexamine the El Camino Real Specific Plan to add more housing capacity.