With our newly-expanded team (that will soon expand even more) our team’s July accomplishments included…
- Welcoming our new South Bay & Peninsula Community Organizer Kat Wortham.
- Promoting Jake Price to serve as HAC’s new Business Development Manager.
- Launching a talent search for our first-ever Communications Associate and new Development and Operations Associate.
- Talking Bay Area housing challenges and solutions with NBC News, the Financial Times, and SF Weekly.
- Lobbying in Sacramento for the passage of more than two dozen pro-housing bills, most notably SB 8, SB 9, SB 10 (all part of Senate President Pro tem Toni Atkin’s Housing Package), SB 477, SB 478, AB 215, AB 1401, and AB 602.
- Collaborating with SF Supervisor Rafael Mandelman on local legislation addressing fourplexes, large residence developments, ADUs, and water reuse.
- Campaigning for bringing much-needed new homes to Potrero Yard (SF), 1900 Diamond Street (SF), Moffett Park EIR (Sunnyvale), UC Berkeley, and recently-approved 469 Stevenson Street (SF), 233 Geary Street (SF), and 2550 Irving Street (SF)!
- Pressing for maximizing housing in Albany’s San Pablo Specific Plan, in the Berkeley-El Cerrito Corridor Access Plan, and at El Cerrito Plaza BART station.
Educating HAC members and other concerned citizens about the Bay Area’s housing crisis and how to alleviate it through our monthly Bay Area Housing 101 program and presentations to the next generation of housing advocates at OFA, CIWI, and more!